Sunday, September 5, 2010

Photos

I made it to Accra and I am getting settled in at the HWI volunteer house in Teshie-Nungua (about 40 minutes east of Accra). I have had a very relaxing few days getting comfortable here and exploring the area.

I spent today at the school, talked to the headmaster, met some teachers and sat through a 3 1/2 hour staff meeting. Today is all the administrative stuff and classes start tomorrow. I hope to be teaching English and then also helping out with French instruction. I should have my schedule this week.

At long last I have my netbook back so I can upload some pictures from my epic trip this summer. I am going to start with Tanzania and work my way back.
Here is Coco Beach just north of Dar es Salaam











Me on a dhow in Zanzibar

Uhuru Peak at sunrise
Me and Mount Kibo


Me standing up out the top of our safari vehicle. Herd of water buffalo in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment