Sunday, September 12, 2010

Photos VI

Hey everybody! I had a great week at school and things are really starting to come together now. I am putting together a schedule that allows me to work with all grades from 1-9 at least once a week. I will be teaching English for the most part but I also want to help out with the junior high school French classes (to keep my language skills sharp.) I really enjoy working with different age groups and I am looking forward to teaching more classes in the future. I have been doing a lot of observing to learn about the teaching style here but I have also already taught a few classes on my own. School is a constant challenge and it keeps me busy.

Here is the last installment of pictures, for now.


The huge mosque in Touba, Senegal. This is the quite possibly the holiest city in Senegal


Me inside the mosque



Me and the famous mud mosque in Djenne, Mali

Our bus to Ghana, complete with goats in one of the storage holds beneath the bus.


1 comment:

  1. Jessica,

    Nice Islamic flair to your last set of photos (that's a comment from Dad!). It was great to Skype with you yesterday. You look "mahhvelous!! (a Billy Crystal quote). Have a great week! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete